Friday, February 15, 2008

Chicago!!

I went for a lovely little visit to Chicago last weekend. Although the air was quite frigid, I enjoyed all the sights and entertainment throughout the weekend. But duh, Nate was there, so of course it was great. :)

i love the bean. I could take a bajillion pictures of it. We went to see Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind on saturday night; had many laughs. It was interesting how similar the NYC one is to the Chicago chapter, but yet still little quirky differences. The Chicago one is waaaaaay more popular and exciting, while the NYC ones feels much more intimate and laid back. Both good and highly recommended. On sunday, we went to visit the Frank Lloyd Wright house and studio. So impressive! I didn't even think it looked all that big from the outside, plus it was in the middle of a total suburban sprawl neighborhood, but it was huuuuuuuge inside. And damn, I could LOVE to have his studio. Very interesting tour guide also, with good stories and tidbits. I love that feeling of going to a museum or going with a tour guide and feeling like, afterwards, you are looking at things in a whole new light. I couldn't help but examine the architecture of my surroundings for days afterward.

I had a reallly really crappy ride back home, but we won't talk about that. Nobody wants to hear about barf bags on airplanes and homeless men exposing themself to me. Blech.



No comments:

Post a Comment