Sunday, April 27, 2008

apples with pb on it is so awesome.

First off, this makes me sad. I carefully gessoed this piece of cedar, that I got at the farmer's market, and sketched everything all out. The next morning, there was this GIANT crack right down the middle of it and it keeps growing everyday. Boo!! Lesson learned: fresh cedar does not like me and my painterly ideas and impatient ways, and this is what i get for contributing to its downfall. :(

see? sad.


Yesterday was Dr. Sketchy's Anti-art school and Amelia Danger was the model, in full ballerina awesomeness. She was a great model; Sometimes a little too good, with some kinda unnaturally bendy poses that just made me look like I drew her wrong. Her outfit was pretty awesome also, paired with the pink and yellow lights. I forgot my brushes, so just pen this week. She's holding a metric-ton of tulle in both doodles. 10 min. and 20 min., respectively.



I bought a big paper bag of apples at the farmer's market yesterday, so they made their way into breakfast this morning: apple cinnamon pancakes. mmm...


This morning, I woke up all bleary-eyed and rushed a few blocks down to Warsaw for Bust's Spring Fling craft fair. Had to beat the crowds! I got there at 11:30 and it was already bustling. I got myself some yummy smelly things from Lollibomb's booth and called it a day. Lots of fun free things too.

I have a brand new painting that I will, hopefully, be able to scan tomorrow. It's a bit on the big side. This will be a busy week; trying to square a bunch of things away before I leave for Portland, OR on thursday night. Yay vacation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment