Thursday, October 16, 2008

VeganMoFo Day 16-SuperMegaSpaghetti




YEAH.

Every veggie I need to use up in my CSA + a jar of Newman's Own Fire-Roasted Tomato Sauce + spaghetti=Super-mega-awesome.

_________________________________

I'm going to do one of those surveys floating around in mofo-land:

1. Choose between locally grown or organic, which do you usually choose?
Local AND organic (my CSA)

2. Favorite way to prepare potatoes:
boiled and then sauteed. mushy/creamy inside and crispy and spicy on the outside. mmm. with a bit of ketchup.

3. Do you press your tofu before preparing/cooking it (if you eat soy)?
I pat it dry with a towel, but only because it revolts against the olive oil if I don't.

4. Name your favorite recipe that is a tradition in your family:
I still want to try a veganized version of my Gram's cucidati recipe...

5. Any food allergies?
NOPE.

6. When you want to go to a fancy dinner, where do you go?
Hangawi in NYC

7. When you have a cold, what do you crave?
Tea and soup.

8. What kind of water do you drink? (Filtered, spring, tap, etc.)
Water cooler at work, and tap filtered through Brita at home.

9. Name a flavor of soda you'd love to see:
You mean POP! I'm not into fizzy stuff.

10. If the recipes you ate as a child were compiled into a cookbook, what would the title be?
So much food, you'll bust your gut. (food from a giant Italian family)

11. If you were allowed to grow one food that can't grow in your climate, what would it be?
Oranges? Bananas? Avocado? Yeah, Avocado. ::drool::

12. Favorite type of mushroom?
I haven't tried any fancy mushrooms, so I'll go with either shiitake in soup or portabellos on the grill.

13. Most frustrating part of your kitchen?
My kitchen sink is also my Bathroom sink. This means all dishes must be done or I will be brushing my teeth over them. grawr!

14. Last food you burned?
I had a smoke-out incident with my oven last week, after some earth balance dripped down. I thought I set my apartment on fire. It took a few tries to get it to stop smoking.

15. Usual response to a veg*n's favorite question, "But where do you get your protein?":
I don't think I've ever been asked that question.

16. If you were baking your own birthday cake today, what flavor would it be?
Chocolate-PB-AWESOME. Or, if my b-day was when strawberries were in season, I would be all over that (alas, it's not).

17. Favorite brand of chocolate chips?
I either get the accidently vegan chocolate chunks at the grocery store or Whole Foods vegan brand of chips ( I prefer the WF's , but I'm usually lazy about going there).

18. You have $200 of your tax return reserved for Williams Sonoma- What do you buy?
Do they sell soymilk makers there??

19. Do you plan your menus in advance? Any tips to share?
The CSA dictates my menu.

20. You have 3 minutes before you have to leave the house and you're starving- What do you eat?
Rush out the door and get an everything bagel with tofu cream cheese at The Bagel Store, which is conveniently right next to my train stop. Eat it on the train to wherever I'm going (but not if it's crowded; I hate being THAT person munching down in someone else's face.)

21. If Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, and Rachel Ray got into a fight, who would win?
Paula Deen scares me and I effin' hate Rachel Ray. I'm neutral on Martha Stewart, so she wins by default.

22. If you eat oatmeal, what do you add to it before serving?
Brown sugar and a dash of cinnamon.

23. If you got to travel to one country and learn all the traditional dishes there, where would you go (ignore commitments in your current place of residence)?
thailand!

24. Favorite late night snack?
I pop a few chocolate chips in my mouth.

25. Favorite springtime food?
Asparagus!!!

26. Favorite food-related magazine?
I read only two magazines, and neither are food-related (Bust and Paper Mag)

27. Which do you prefer: shoyu, tamari, conventional soy sauce, or Bragg's Aminos?
SHOYU. I could drink it.

28. What vegetable or fruit do you dislike the most?
BEETS. it's like eating red dirt.

29. Name a holiday food you look forward to all year long:
Stuffing on thanksgiving is the best. The end.

30. If you could convert anyone to veganism with your magic wand, who would you convert?
That boy sitting over there in the other room.

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if 7:30 in th emorning is too early for spaghetti?

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanksgiving stuffing IS the best! i've been trying to tell people this for YEARS.

    your spaghetti look nummy. i would like some of that.

    ReplyDelete