Tuesday, October 7, 2008

VeganMoFo Day 7: Risotto




I made up some Risotto, using leftover broth from my Vietnamese Seitan Baguette the other night, to watch during the Presidential debates tonight. I threw in an onion, leek, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, arugula, and leftover seitan. I forgot how spicy the broth was that went into it! I'm such a wuss. Super yummy and creamy though! I usually take the lazy way out with risotto and use Orzo, so that it cooks super-fast, but I lose out on the creaminess when I do that. Arborio rice all the way!

Did anyone else feel like McCain just doesn't know what the hell he is talking about? I felt myself cocking my head in a "baroo" fashion for much of his answers. I thought this was a very sharp contrast with Obama's specific points, civil attitude, and you know, actually answering the question.

3 comments:

  1. I love that broth, it's so yummy. Using it in risotto is genius.

    How creepy was it that McCain kept wandering into the audience and touching people during the debate? It was like he was stealing their life force.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who said it sounded like he was telling bedtime stories "Once upon a time in Washington D.C. there was a Maverick..." I said that must be why I kept nodding off whenever he spoke!
    Your risotto looks gorgeous and creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your risotto looks so good! i had a risotto planned for this week, but michael ate all the mushrooms for it. literally, ALL of them. and yeah, mccain sucks.

    ReplyDelete