Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hoot! and crossing things off my list!


So I have been working on my list of fun goals that I posted, just not so good on the regular blogging thing. Ahem. Anyways, I have been daily sketching and I'll start sharing more (Hoot being the first). ALSO! I booked my trip to Peru finally!! I'm going in April, with two of my fave pals, Nate and Kristin. We're going for 12 days and are planning on doing the full 4 day, 3 night Inca trail Hike to Machu Picchu. We are still planning the rest of the trip, deciding between some Amazon jungle fun, Lake Titicaca adventures, or maybe going to Colca Canyon. I'm super-investigating eating vegan in Peru, but I think I should be fine. If anyone has any tips, I would LOVE to hear them! I hear there are lots of veggie restaurants in Lima and Cusco, so it should theoretically be easy. I'm sooo freaking excited!!

Here's a recent tester recipe for Joni's and Celine's book of Vegan Substitutions, Graham Wannabe Teacakes. Sooo goood! I made it for New Year's Day Brunch and it was a super-yummy first meal of the year, all warm and slathered with Earth balance. This book is gonna be soo good!

1 comment: