Thursday, July 1, 2010

"We are all Connected" process and fundraiser

Hello! I wanted to share some in-progress photos of a painting I just finished. This painting is also part of a group fundraiser this month at Poppytalk Handmade. 1/2 of all proceeds from this print will be donated to Oxfam America specifically for their gulf oil spill cleanup fundraiser. Print is up in my shop!

This was an interesting painting to work on, as I forced myself to finally look at images of the animals that were effected from the oil spill. It is really hard to look these photos and not burst into tears and feel nothing but contempt for mankind, as I'm sure a lot of you have had similar reactions. This usually leads to dead-end thinking and frustration on my part, because the most I can really offer to help out in any way is to donate. I sent a donation to the National Wildlife Federation too.





2 comments:

  1. it's so beautiful!! you did a great job! :)

    smiles to you friend,
    Jenipher

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's GORGEOUS! I can't wait until I finish moving so I can buy some prints to put in my house. :3

    ReplyDelete