Monday, December 12, 2011

Waffle Sammich


So, a month or so ago, a new place opened up down the street from me called Waffle and Wolf. I didn't investigate too hard into if they had any vegan options or not, I guess because I assumed they wouldn't. Lo and behold, Nik did some investigating for me and they do! They have a buckwheat waffle that is both vegan and gluten-free! Whoa man. I stopped and got this beauty to-go last week and it was as delicious as it looks.  For the filling, I went with their "Wolf Sauce" (tahini + molasses), orange marmalade, strawberries, and almonds.  They have just lots of fruits and veggies for vegan filling options, and I'm hoping they add more vegan-friendly spreads (mostly just PB and jams now) in the future. I might have to try a savory waffle next time (ooo spicy tomato jam)! I quite like the concept of waffle sammiches.

2 comments: