Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring-loving


This has been a really great week! Last Saturday, Nik and I decided to walk to Manhattan, over the Williamsburg Bridge, to the BUST Craftacular that was going on. It was a gorgeous day out and the perfect temperature for a long meandering walk. We met up with a few friends and took in the craft fair, got some treats from the Cinnamon Snail, and kept walking north up to Union Square. Nik and I had a reservation at Candle 79 later on for a belated b-day dinner, and we were going to be super-ambitious and continue walking north, but I wore the wrong shoes and they were getting a little sore. Still super-fun though! Candle 79 is my absolute favorite, and my tummy and I were happy with the Seitan Piccata and the PB Bliss dessert. 

The next day, I took a bus ride up to Rochester, NY to go visit my family and to help out my Mom, who just had back surgery last week. It was a much-needed visit and filled with some quality family-time. I got to see both of my sisters, my parents, and my Grandma. I planted lots of flower and vegetable seeds for my Mom and made some yummy dinners. Their cat, Bam, cracks me up. He looks like a lion! Super-fluff-ball! 

I rolled back into the city late last night, and there are lots of things on my to-do list today, but I just wanted to share some of my photos of my travels before I got too deep into my list. 

Happy Thursday!
Michelle


Sneak-peek at a new product that will be in my shop in a few weeks!
Vegan Apricot Cheese Danish, from the Cinnamon Snail

BUST Craftacular was hopping.

Pretty sunset in Central Park


Butterfly hanging out at my parent's house

Perfect Rainbow! There actually was a double rainbow there, but you can't see it in the photo.

Bam taking a nap.

I woke his majesty up.

Lion paws. Get that camera outta my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment